Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Persistent Conivings


Notwithstanding his lack of success in convincing me on the virtues of dachshunds, Michael persisted in his contacts with Sue, evidently calling her on July 8th to tell her that he was interested in having one of new born pups.  It was probably at that time that he scheduled a visit for the following week.



On July 15th, Michael took the bus to Riverbank where he was picked up by Sue.  As I recall, the rest of the litter had all been taken and only the little runt was left.





On his return, Michael called me from Riverbank to tell me he would be arriving home later in the evening.  I am sure it was not until the following morning that he came into my office to show me the video he had taken.




I so wish I had a copy of the video. All I recall is that it was somewhat under-exposed and showed a pathetic little furry creature creeping unsteadily and slowly between the posts of porch overhang.

Michael paid no attention to my affirmative lack of interest.  The telephone records indicate that no sooner had I made my veto than he went back to his room and called Sue to close the deal.  Five days later, he called Sue again and by the length of the call I would suppose he spent most of the time giving her directions to our place.



What can I say but that these shenanigans brought me the most adorable struppi erscheinungsform in my life?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment